Board of Supervisors
Lamar County, Mississippi
Date: February 17, 2011 Time: 9:00 A.M.
- Annual, legal and depository bids. Receive and enter Proof of Publication. (10:00 am).
- Reading of Minutes for Correction and Approval
- Approval of the February 7, 2011 board minutes.
- Personnel Matters
- Approval to transfer 10 hours of vacation time from Jimmy Breazeale to Stephen Pierce.
- Approval to transfer 10 hours of vacation time from Gary Holston to Stephen Pierce.
- Approval to transfer 20 hours of sick time from Joey Walker to Stephen Pierce.
- New Hire: Trey Wood, tax office at $18.50 per hour as of February 14, 2011.
- Terminated: Joshua Delancey, multipurpose center as of February 14, 2011.
- Approval of the following county personnel handbook revision: In the event of a dismissal or delay of the work day, all employees that report to work will be compensated for the entire day, not to exceed each employee normal current daily work schedule of hours.
- Road Department Matters
- Approval of the request from the City of Purvis to remove seven big trees located off Highway 589.
- Bids and Claims
- Approval to award the bid of 35 replacement doors to 10 fire stations to Overhead Door of Hattiesburg in the amount of $61,181. The cost breakdown: $50,681 for doors, $7,000 for labor and $3,500 removal fee. (The board finds the bid of Underwood Sales failed to meet bid specifications).
- Approval of a check in the amount of $12,442.30 made payable to MDA for payment of a fire truck. (Payment is due March 1, 2011).
- Approval of a $2,500 disbursement to the City of Purvis to assist with recreation needs. (To be paid from Fund 012 District 2 Parks and Recreation).
- School Board Matters
- Sheriff Department Matters
- Approval to retire K9 dog Mikey from active duty and allow him to remain with Lt. Brad Weathers for the remainder of his retirement.
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of Matt Henderson and Christopher Regan to attend North American Sniper Competition, March 20-25, 2011 in Southaven, Mississippi.
- Planning Matters
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of Tara Coggins to attend the 2011 Association of Floodplain Managers Conference, April 26-29, 2011 in Natchez, Mississippi.
- Approval of a lot line change for Lot J-6 of Bellegrass, Neighborhood J. (The driveway was partially built on the adjacent property; therefore, they have to move the lot line 500 feet).
- Discuss changes in the Site Plan Ordinance.
- Fairground Matters
- Fire Coordination Matters
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of George Stevens to attend Deerfield Wage & Hour Youth Employment Seminar (to assist with Jr. Volunteer Firefighters), March 8, 2011 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of George Stevens to attend the Mississippi Association of Public Fire Safety Educators Conference, April 27-30, 2011 in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of George Stevens to attend the National Volunteer Fire Council Conference, April 3-6, 2011 in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of George Stevens to attend the National Fire and Emergency Services Seminar, April 6-7, 2011 in Washington, DC.
- Emergency Management Matters
- Approval to transfer a 2005 Ford Truck from Hinds County to our inventory. The vehicle to be used by the local Homeland Security personnel.
- Economic Development Matters
- Report from the Area Development Partnership/Lamar County Economic Development District.
- Additional Matters
- Approval of changes in Assessments per attached as submitted by the Tax Collector/Assessor.
- Approval of changes in Homestead per attached as submitted by the Tax Collector/Assessor.
- Approval of Tax Sale Cancellations per attached as submitted by the Tax Collector/Assessor.
- Approval to surrender old vehicle tags per attached as submitted by the Tax Collector/Assessor.
- Approval of the attached asset deletion list and sell as surplus at auction.
- Approval of the attached asset transfer list.
- Approval to pay the legal expenses of Frankie Glennis, Molly Goff, Marvin Pittman, Chance Curry, Tangi Carter, Prentiss Harrell and Matthew O’Quain to attend the Mississippi Association of Drug Court Professionals annual training conference, May 4-6, 2011 in Biloxi, Mississippi.
- Approval to pay the lawful expenses of Michelle Martin to attend HR Training (certification credit), March 29-30, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Approval to pay the annual dues of $50 to the Mississippi Recycling Coalition.
- Update: The County received a $23,544 grant from InterAct Funds. (Helps pay a small portion of the dispatch upgrades).
- Approval to accept the roads for maintenance in Dandridge Subdivision, Phase 4. (May 3, 2010).
- The purchase of 35 replacement fire department doors. (January 20, 2011).
- The recommendation of the Planning Commission to fine owners of a mobile home located on Cole Road. (February 7, 2011).
Next Board Meeting: Monday, March 7, 2011
Future Board Meetings:
Thursday, March 24, 2011 (4th Thursday)
Monday, April 4, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011